Below is a list of pros, cons and neutrals for using SpicyNodes:
- Allows viewer to see a glimpse of each upcoming frame.
- Very simplistic design, thereby allowing students to focus on simple statements for content, as opposed to the many features that Microsoft PowerPoint offers.
- Ability to integrate media (youTube videos, music, images) into presentation.
- The frames are never fullscreen, thereby making it challenging for visually-impaired individuals to see the information clearly.
- The fact that future and previous frames can be seen at once tends to be slightly distracting for the users whose attention fades rather quickly.
- more options for visual styles
- enables 25,000 views per month
- SpicyNodes logo can be hid
- enables up to 250,000 views per month
My two cents...
While SpicyNodes does present a nice, visual way to go about presenting information, the one thing that it does not offer is ample ease in setting up the presentation. I say this because there is a large amount of expanding and collapsing that takes place in order to create and order each "slide". One can however insert images with relative ease. Thus, I found that overall this website is best used for presentations that only supply basic information, as well as presentations that are very media heavy.